BlandsLaw provides a commercial debt collection service to assist companies collecting debts. We have developed a streamlined service to ensure the best possible outcomes for clients including:
- Customised Letters of Demand
- Negotiated settlement
- Court action to recover debt
Why Use a Lawyer?
For fast resolution of commercial debts, a legal expert is best placed to procure a quick result. Debt resolution often involves complex negotiation where knowledge of rights and terms of trade are essential. Giving this process to an expert third party also frees up your company to continue trading without wasting valuable time chasing down debts.
Debt Collection Service
Our process involves:
1. Meeting / discussion to explore options to proceed $300
2. Letter of demand to debtor, outlining procedure agreed with client $100
3. Negotiation for settlement of debt as agreed with client $1000
4. Service of Process $100
5. Court Filing Fee $350 – $750 depending on the size of the debt
6. Litigation – ongoing cost as agreed
Terms of Trade
Our experience is that effective commercial Terms of Trade are crucial in protecting a business from problems associated with bad debt.
Terms of Trade can give indemnity from any potential liabilities, allow charges to be imposed when late payments occur, make provision for enforceable rights and entitlements and provide a business with the advantage of “retention of title” until goods are actually paid for.
BlandsLaw can draft and settle individually tailored Terms of Trade for your company for $1500.00
In addition, BlandsLaw will provide a 50% discount on the first three items of our Debt Collection Service to clients using our Terms of Trade ( ie a $700 discount) who then experience a bad debt.
Contact Us Today